Job Opportunity at CAPA – Manager, Events and Communications
The Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA) is a regional organisation based in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia representing national professional accountancy organisations (PAOs) that operate in, or have an interest in, the Asia-Pacific region. You may not have heard of us, but we have been around for over 60 years. We work closely with the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) based in New York which represents the global accountancy profession.
Our work requires us to have relationships and collaborate with key contacts around the world representing:
- our member organisations, which lead the accountancy profession and are based in 21 countries both within and outside Asia Pacific; and
- our stakeholders, comprising major global institutions, including IFAC, regulating or impacting the accountancy profession
CAPA is seeking a Manager, Events & Communications to join our small, diverse team. If you are interested in joining a unique, agile organisation that is continually adapting to new developments and creating new directions and initiatives, then this could be for you.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, and working closely and effectively with other team members, you will be responsible for organising the staging of events and the creation and management of various communications, including social media. These activities are central to upholding and promoting the CAPA brand.
CAPA-led events are agreed as the year proceeds, and may include virtual or in-person meetings, roundtables or forums, usually comprising between 10 and 100 persons. In-person events, approximately 3 per year in the region, are usually hosted by a member organisation. With some event exceptions, your role will involve:
- Marketing, promotion, managing invitations and registrations
- Managing, or supporting, the use of virtual platforms
- Research, planning, organising and executing all logistics and requirements of in-person meetings. If hosted, close liaison with host organisations and if not hosted, direct negotiation with relevant vendors and suppliers
- Liaising with member and stakeholder representatives to facilitate their participation as speakers or delegates
- Self-starter, resourceful, energetic
- Communicative, friendly, relationship-focused, collaborative
- Planning, organisational, project management skills
Various key communication modes and channels are used to keep members and stakeholders informed of developments at CAPA and across the broader profession. Information shared is often produced by others. The role will involve:
- Develop and manage an effective communication plan
- Research, monitoring and analysis of materials and content for sharing
- Management of website and regular update of content
- Production of monthly member communications and quarterly newsletters
- Regular postings to social media
- Drafting of responses, messages, letters and announcements, as required
- Drafting of Annual Review and liaison with design and production company
- Exceptional English language writing proficiency
- Creative, original and inventive writing skills
- Proactive, attentive to detail, and quality mindset
The following will be viewed favourably:
- An understanding of, or interest in, the accountancy profession
- Prior experience with PAOs, accountancy firms or corporate finance operations
- Prior experience in events and communications, including social media for business
- Ability to work from the office located in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Annual remuneration package is negotiable. CAPA offers flexible working arrangements and a comprehensive benefits package.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
If you are interested, please submit your application to here.